Based on the experience achieved in the past years we shaped The new 5X Chameleon 2020
It is the perfect all round wave board for those who wants a unique single product without the stress of having to choose between multiple boards. So wherever you wavesail, from the Mediterranean to Hawaii, the 5X Chameleon is the choice for you!
- The first thing that meets the eyes is the 5 slot fin box configuration that allows to set the board with Quad, Thruster or even Twin set up to adapt and satisfy riders in any kind of condition and wave style.
- Short length concept. The Chameleon has been reduced in length and also with the footstraps, fin boxes and mast foot moved backwards including a redistribution of the volume in the back foot area.
- Outline. New outline with a wider tail to support riders and their power combined with the footstraps being more close to the tail. This has been made to ‘’pivot’’ the board into tighter bottom turns and more aggressive cut backs.
- Rockerline. The most important protocol when designing the board. We wanted a fast rockerline for quick planing and acceleration without sacrificing maneuverability. Whilst mixing up past experiences and hours of testing we finally achieved the perfect compromise.
- Hull. A concave bottom fading into a double concave than deep V toward the tail, we feel this is the perfect combination to have an easy board with very good control in choppy wave faces.
- Construction. A PVC double sandwich, with double thickness in the most stressed areas combined with a carbon/innegra + biax carbon layup gives the boards the best compromise in terms of light weight, strength and durability.
- Chameleon boards come with an MFC thruster set considered as the best wave all-round product on the market. We also offer a quad fin set to purchase directly from our factory.
- CAD/CAM shape
- 15kg./m3 EPS core
- Full Pvc sandwich construction
- Double sandwich in the most stressed area
- Biax+unidirectional carbon inner step area
- Full Biax Carbon+Innegra deckskin
- unidirectional Carbon outside step area
- Full 130 S-glass bottom layup
- 6’’ US rear fin Boxes + 5’’ US front fin boxes
- Dual density footpads with shock absorbers
- MFC fins thruster set